Sunday Service today at Jubilee Christian Centre was an awesome experience…now that the annointing is still fresh and hot upon me, I better download the transcript of my sermon note right now. I believe God that you would be blessed just as I am, as you follow Pastor Adebayo Patrick in this exploration of THE WONDERS OF MERCY.
The journey to greatness can be very difficult outside the mercy of God. Romans 9:13-16
The Bible describes the mercy of God in 5 ways:
1. God’s mercy is GREAT.
Isa 54:7 7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
2. The mercies of God are SURE
Isa55:3 3Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
3. The mercies of God are ABUNDANT
1Pet1:3 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4. The mercies of God are described as TENDER
Psalm25:6 6Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
5. The mercies of God are NEW every morning
Lam3:22-23 22It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Without mercy, your destiny will be a mess-up. What gives meaning to life is the mercy of God.
What is mercy?
Mercy means Divine Partiality
God decided to break protocol for certain people in the Bible. When mercy is at work you will be the last to come, the first to go.
Mercy means Divine Favouritism; Overruling human law; Divine acceptance against human rejection- when you are ruled out and deleted from the list, mercy puts your name at nos. one. Mercy means Divine Interest. Unusual intervention in human affairs.
In Mat17:1 -2, Jesus singled out 3 disciples out of the 12. The same way, Mercy will single you out before the end of this year in Jesus name. We can be at the same level, but Gods mercy puts us in classes.
Esther 2:15 – 17 “now it was the TURN OF ESTHER”
Don’t be afraid of people who have gone ahead of you. The fact that they are ahead of you does not mean that they would get there before you. Before the end of this year god will give speed to your feet. Life is a mystery.
It is not your make-up that makes you up (ladies). Being on Facebook does not put your face in the book – the king loved Esther above all the women. Vast I vacated. Whoever is occupying your place in destiny will vacate now. When Esther appeared before the King, something went ahead of Esther, mercy prepared the way.
Among all your competitors, mercy will put you in a class of your own.
It is not your location, it is God that gives you allocation. Put me anywhere on this earth and leave me with God’s mercy.
Sometimes the best doesn’t receive the best, it is mercy that settles the case. Any satisfaction via the mercies of God comes in the best time.
Heb4:16- mercy is obtainable
Without mercy, after graduation, you will be grounded. Don’t leave your house anyway without asking for the mercies of God.
When mercy is speaking for you, your life cannot be explained- people can’t understand how it works. Parents, what gives success to your children is not the money you have spent on them, it is mercy. It is not who you know that matters. It is not everyone that got to the top that struggled to get there- mercy speaks. In this life, the only thing that is constant is the mercy of God. Until people begin to envy you, you are not blessed. God blessed Isaac and the Philistines envied him.
The 10 Wonders of his Mercy
- You will be preferred above others
- Mercy makes your life attractive. It is a magnetic force that adds attractiveness to everything you do. It draws the right kind of people to you
- Mercy singles you out of the crowd
- Mercy links your path with your helpers, ode that will bless you, those that will assist you Psalm 118:7 kjv I am too blessed to be common.
- Mercy commands supernatural favour. Mercy precedes favour. Favour will not come until they have mercy on you
- Mercy gives you access into places you ordinarily couldn’t enter
- Mercy covers your errors – you will make mistakes but they don’t notice it. May mercy overrule your errors
- Mercy prevails over deserved judgement James2:13. There are people around you called fault-finders. They publicise and announce your mistakes. They that wait for the day of your shame, they will be disappointed in Jesus name.
- Mercy gives you divide settlement – your parents can be there, but can’t take you there
- Mercy silences your adversaries. Mercy humiliates your adversaries. It makes them change their testimonies about you. What my enemies want me to be, I will disappoint them
This is Gospel Metropolitan.